Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:47 pm

Themes for your PS3

Here are some themes for your PS3.

To install these themes on your PS3 just follow these seven simple steps

1) Create a PS3 folder on a USB stick (or other removable device)
2) Inside this folder create another folder called THEME
3) Click on the link to download your chosen theme
4) Save the file in the THEME folder of the USB stick
5) Insert the USB stick into the PS3 and go to the theme settings option in the settings menu
6) Select theme then hit install and click on the theme your want to install
7) Find your new theme in the theme list and select apply

Note: Some of the themes have more than one background image, so the image you see when you apply the theme may be different from the one shown below

1. Hotties

Featuring such “hotties” as Lucy pinder, Claire Danes and Anna kournikova, not that we're experts in putting names to beautiful faces, all looking stunning. These ladies look even lovelier in High Def. So lovely in fact you may forget why you turned your PS3 on in the first place.

Download

2. Star Wars

Star Wars is perhaps the best know movie franchise of all time, and this theme has backgrounds for both the light and the dark side of the force. Although having seen him bounce around like a possessed jack-in-the-box we’d stick with Master Yoda, if we had a choice.

Download

3. Neon Nightmares

Proving that you don’t need game art, TV show characters, or ladies to make a good theme, Neon Nightmare uses a striking background and some new symbols for some of the icons along the XBM. All we need now are some glowsticks and some thumping beats to move to.

Download

4. The Simpsons

The Simpsons, being the longest running prime-time animated series in the United States, are some of the most recognisable characters on TV. So it comes as no surprise that this theme was one of the first to be created. With a multitude of backgrounds and all the shows characters appearing across the XMB, this theme has to be one of our favourites.

Download

5. Guitar Hero

Given the amount of game related themes that are available, it comes as a refreshing change when you find one that’s a little different. This Guitar Hero theme uses the fret buttons for the different icons and is one of the few that keeps the background black, which makes reading what you’re selecting a hell of a lot easier. Oh and it features a picture of a rather lovely lady too, not that that swayed our opinion in any way.

Download

6. Christmas

The TV adverts are already in full swing, so what better way to get into the Christmas sprit than customising your PS3 with this theme. It’s sure to impress the relatives and also serves as a gentle reminder that, with only 36 days left until the big day, it would probably be better not to leave present shopping until Christmas Eve…again.

Download

7. Kill Bill

Quentin Tarantino’s forth film, Kill Bill, features a hung amount of blood and violence, but this theme, with the exception of using an eyeball for the photo menu, is much more family orientated. All the icons are replaced with recognizable images from the film and out of the few film themes currently on offer; this is certainly the best we’ve seen.

Download

8. Heroes

Heroes has fast become our favorite TV show, at least until 24 returns to our screens anyway, and what better way to show are loyalty and commitment to the super-powered show than slapping Claire and the gang all over our PS3.

Download

9. Windows XP

Let get one thing straight. The PS3 is not a computer. But there are those of you out there who may want to make it look like one. This theme may be most beneficial to those family members who are used to operating a PC after all, all the icons will be instantly familiar to anyone who has used a Microsoft system. Making them feel right at home on Sony's system.

Download

10. Pink Floyd

We have to admit that we don’t own many Pink Floyd records but this theme featuring the English rockers certainly works very well, and using different album covers for the XMB icons is a nice touch. Strangely, this is the only band theme we came across, which leads us to believe that Pink Floyd fans must be more creative than any other PS3 loving music fans.

Download

Also if you don't like any of these you can check out the link below. They have a bunch and they are categorized.
PS3-Theme.com
Last edited by Figz on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:16 pm

Wow nice, I like em. I too am a Heroes fan, I rented the first season and watched it all on last saturday-wednesday. Along with the present season 2 shows. But I like the first theme more :roll:
<<

G4m3R

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:21 am

wow, cool themes... if only i had a PS3 :?
<<

Figz

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:45 am

AdventWolf wrote:Wow nice, I like em. I too am a Heroes fan, I rented the first season and watched it all on last saturday-wednesday. Along with the present season 2 shows. But I like the first theme more :roll:

I bought Season one the day it came out. I will be uploading these themes to a better host soon but for now this will work.

Edit:
All the files have been uploaded to a file host so you should be able to get them faster now. I will add to this list as I find more. Enjoy!!
<<

Darksleem

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:51 pm

sweet ty went to the site and got the assassins creed one. Just put it on my ps3 and lovin it =).
XBL: Darksleem
PSN: Teh_Sleem
Feel free to add me on either.

<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:18 pm

I have a quick question. Instead of a USB, is it possible a microSD with a USB adapter? That's all I currently have ATM.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:14 pm

Yea, I'm sure as long as you have it formated correctly and stick it in the right directory.
<<

rody96

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 am

Thank you, all of the themes are very nice, appreciate the hard work 8) :P
My PSN= xraylegend
I own a PS3/PS2/PSP/WII

Return to PlayStation 3